Working at Poetry International
Poetry International zoekt
M / F / X - (end) January through June 2023
Would you like to be part of an enthusiastic and driven team, gain a lot of knowledge and experience, expand your network and make a concrete contribution to the unique international poetry festival in Rotterdam? Then sign up as a programming intern for the next festival edition (9 - 11 June 2023).
The Poetry International Foundation is a literary organization that aims to draw attention to poetry from home and abroad and to stimulate international exchange between poets, poetry translators, connoisseurs and enthusiasts. Our main activity is the Poetry International Festival, which annually presents a wide range of renowned poets and up-and-coming talents in world poetry. The festival program includes readings, workshops, musical performances, panel discussions and interviews. The organization is based in the center of Rotterdam.
What will you be doing?
For the 53rd Poetry International Festival we are looking for a motivated programming intern. The tasks include:
- General support in organizing and implementing festival programs;
- Practical co-development of programs;
- Support in plotting and collecting translations;
- Drafting scripts;
- Communication with poets and other artists involved;
- Conducting relevant internship research is also an option.
What we ask.
The internship runs from January 2023 to June 2023 (term is negotiable).
- You have an affinity with festivals and (international) poetry;
- You are available at least three days a week and willing to work full-time during the festival (May/June);
- You work systematically, independently, accurately and proactively;
- You are flexible, communicative and stress-resistant, able to keep an overview, flexible and curious;
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing, proficiency in another language (Turkish, Arabic, French, German, Chinese) is recommended; You know your way around social media well and you like to write;
- You are following an HBO or WO study in Language and Literature, Cultural Studies/ Creative Writing or another relevant study such as (Digital) Communication and/or Marketing or Event Organization.
And what we offer you.
We offer an internship stipend and any travel expenses will also be reimbursed. You will be supervised and work with people who have been working in the field for years, in a friendly and informal atmosphere. Last but not least: you will have access to all programs prior to and during the festival!
Are you interested in this internship, please send your motivation letter with CV by email or as a video to Fleur Jeras. For more information about the organization, see Who we are or watch the impression of the Poetry International Festival 2022.